Let’s face it; every woman’s physical make-up is different from the next. Some ladies are petite while others are quite tall. Some have natural muscle definition while others work tirelessly to get the same effect.
What’s one of the things the overwhelming majority of women have in common?
The endless pursuit of having a perfect rear end.
Luckily, fitness and health experts have done the research for you, so you know exactly what you need to do to get the toned booty you’ve been striving for.
Here are 10 exercises that are guaranteed to get your bottom firmed up in no time!
- Lie on your back with your arms at your sides with your knees bent and your feet on the floor.
- Lift your hips toward the ceiling. Hold for 1 count, and then lower back down.
- Repeat the lifts for 60 seconds, squeezing your glutes and hamstrings at the top of the range of motion. Be careful not to overarch your spine.
- To make this exercise more difficult, extend one leg at the top of the lift. Keep your thighs parallel and hold the lifted position for about 5 seconds.
- Keeping your hips up, place your foot back on the floor and then lower your hips.
- Repeat this exercise for 30 seconds; switch sides and do the move for another 30 seconds on the other leg.
- Lie on the floor with your arms on your sides.
- Lift your feet, bending both knees to 90 degrees so your thighs are perpendicular to the floor.
- Now slowly and quietly tap your left toes to the floor, then your right.
- Alternate tapping feet for one minute.
- If you feel any lower back pain, don’t bring your toes all the way down.
Single-Leg Front Raises
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart, holding a 5-pound dumbbell in each hand.
- Bend your right leg and raise it about 3 inches off the floor.
- Extend both arms in front of you at chest height and your palms facing down.
- Keeping your arms straight, raise your left arm above your head and hold for 3 counts, then return to chest height.
- Continue alternating arm raises until you’ve done 8 total, 4 reps on each arm.
- Now switch legs, doing 8 more reps standing on your right leg.
Squat With Kick-Back
- Stand with your legs shoulder-width apart.
- Sit back to a squat, bringing your fists close to your chin.
- Then bring your left leg straight behind you while extending your arms forward.
- Return to the squat position, then repeat on the other side.
- Continue alternating sides for one minute.
- As you squat, remember to keep your weight back on your heels.
- When extending the leg behind you, keep your hips square — don’t twist them toward the side.
Single-Leg Squat With Towel
- Stand with your feet together and place your right foot on top of a folded towel.
- Shifting your weight to your left leg, slide the towel out slowly to your right.
- Then slowly return to the start position.
- Work this side for 30 seconds, keeping your elbows bent and your fists together near your chin.
- When you squat, your left knee should bend between 45 and 90 degrees.
- After 30 seconds, switch legs and do the squats and slides for another 30 seconds.