Blueberries are an extremely healthy snack because they contain tons of natural health benefits. For one thing, they are rife with antioxidants, which are important for combating the free radicals that damage cellular structure and DNA.
Blueberries have also been shown to help improve memory and cognitive function when eaten regularly. They make great snacks for the kids and adults alike.
Since blueberries are so beneficial, and we all know that yogurt is another great snack food for mindful eaters, why not combine two great things to make an even better combo?
This simple recipe for frozen blueberry bites in yogurt will have you whipping those cravings for sugar in no time! Not to mention your kids will think it’s a delicious frozen dessert, when really it’s a healthy snack!
Note: This recipe makes 1 serving. This serving size contains only 136 calories.
Frozen Blueberry Bites
– 1 cup blueberries
– 1/2 cup vanilla or fruit-flavored yogurt (can also be Greek yogurt)
– A few toothpicks
1. Stick a toothpick into a blueberry and dip it in the yogurt. Try to make sure the berry is covered with a relatively thick layer all over.
2. Place the yogurt-covered berries single-layered on a parchment- or wax paper-lined cookie sheet.
3. Freeze for about an hour (longer if you are making more than this recipe calls for). They typically freeze pretty quickly.
4. Once they are frozen, you can eat them immediately or store them in an airtight container in the freezer.
It’s as simple as that! Keep in mind that these treats don’t keep well for long outside of the freezer, so they make for a great at-home snack, but we wouldn’t recommend packing them in your kid’s school lunchbox.