It’s a well-known fact that the French excel at certain things: love, fashion, bread, pastries. The list goes on and on, so it’s no surprise that they’ve been holding out on us with the secret beauty tip that is orange blossom water.
Orange blossom water’s versatility is what makes it a staple in the lives of French women everywhere. Distilled from the flower of the bitter orange tree found near the Mediterranean, orange blossom water can be mixed with other ingredients for your beauty routine, kept in the kitchen as a cooking aid, or simply spritzed onto your wrists as a quick and fragrant perfume.
- Use it as a toner to soothe and hydrate skin.
- Create your own makeup remover by mixing it with a little sweet almond oil.
- Massage it into your nails and cuticles to promote growth and help maintain healthy nails.
- Comb it into damp hair to add shine and keep hair strong.
- If you’re feeling anxious before bed, stir 2 tablespoons of orange blossom water in a glass of water and drink it to quiet the mind. It’s also believed to help alleviate headaches and menstrual pain.
- Quickly spray some on your pillow before bed to freshen it up and help you slip into a deep sleep.
- Use it to flavor cakes, cookies, pancakes, and crepes for an unexpected twist.
- Add another layer of flavor to any cocktail recipe that already has a citrus undertone.
An important note when purchasing it is to always buy organic orange blossom water in a glass bottle and store it in a cool, dark place.