If you don’t know, Jillian Michaels is quite the fitness guru. When it comes to knowing how to lose weight, she knows. She has spent 10 years on NBC’s hit show The Biggest Loser and she has authored several books about health and weight loss.

Therefore, it’s a good idea to listen to what she has to say if you are a person who is trying to lose weight or if you are trying to help someone else do it. The thing about her advice is that it starts out seeming like so much common sense. But it’s the deeper meaning of what she’s saying that makes it real.

She strongly urges people who want to lose weight to stick to the basics. Stop overeating. Quit eating a whole bunch of crap. Make sure you get plenty of sleep. Research has indicated that people who get less than seven hours of sleep a night tend to be overweight and continue to gain weight.

Weight Loss Doesn’t Have To Kill You

Another thing she’s strong about is the fact that you have to eat right and work out. Don’t just eat right or just work out. A person has to do both. “Often people do one or the other, but not both. When it comes to weight loss you simply must work out and eat right to get results.”

The next thing on the list is to pick a workout that you’ll actually enjoy doing and keep on doing. She does have some hints. There are exercises that burn calories during the workout and keep burning calories after. Pushups, burpees, lunges, and squats are the types of exercises that incorporate multiple muscle groups. “My Jillian Michaels app incorporates all these techniques into every workout—modified, of course, for beginners—to ensure you get the best results in the fastest amount of time,” says Michaels.

One thing you’re probably not going to want to hear is that Jillian Michaels says to quit with the booze. It’s not good for losing weight because it makes the body actually store fat. According to Michaels, “Alcohol is the worst when it comes to fat metabolism and can actually inhibit it by 73 percent.”

Look Good And Have Fun Getting There

weight loss

One thing you’re more than likely going to appreciate is the fact that Jillian Michaels urges you to try an 80/20 diet. That means 20% of your diet should be treats while the other 80% should be totally healthy food. That makes it so that your body isn’t craving. It actually has some junk food incorporated into your diet and your body doesn’t feel deprived.

Finally, you have to make your changes part of your lifestyle. You don’t just make changes to lose the weight. Those changes have to continue after because that part is just as hard. “The key is how you lose. If you lose weight through common-sense eating choices and physical activities you enjoy, maintenance is far easier.”

More Tips From The Guru Herself

SHARE this on FACEBOOK and let your friends get the tips!